Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I'm tired of pretending I'm not a total, bitchin' rock star from Mars."

I couldn't agree more Mr. Charlie Sheen.


Or, as you shall be referred to in the blog from this day forward, "Great American-1." (GA-1)

No doubt all of you have seen, or at least read, many of GA-1's quotes on his recent media blitz. I think GA-1 is getting a bad rap.

Seriously. Hear me out on this one.

"I'm tired of pretending I'm not a total, bitchin' rock star from Mars."

You shouldn't have to pretend GA-1. In the eyes of this humble journalist and blogger you are indeed that bitchin' rock star from Mars.

In my mind, anything GA-1 does from here until the end of his days is cool. This of course is limited in that everything he does only harms himself and no innocent bystanders.

What gives GA-1 this pass? One simple reason ...



Mullet, bow and a chicken: Just another Saturday night in Wayne County West Virginia.


He played Topper Harley.

In Hots Shots: Part Deux, Topper Harley was  responsible for creating the bloodiest movie ever made. The character stands at #4 all-time in movie kills according to www.moviebodycounts.com.

This feat was celebrated in the film itself in this classic scene:



It is indeed GA-1's world and we're just merely passengers.

He's living the dream. Granted it's a dream that not many of us aspire to, but it's a dream nonetheless.  If you care to share in this dream check out livethesheendream.com. I'm not going to tell you what that is, just click on it and enjoy wasting the next three hours of you life there.

I don't think GA-1 is alone in his, *ahem*, world view. I think all of Hollywood thinks like he does. The difference is GA-1 now has no publicist in which to filter his thoughts and views.

Is he crazy? Absolutely not! How many of us would like to be so wealthy and secure in our futures we could go on national TV and ramble about things that make absolutely no sense? Joaquin Phoenix did it for a couple of years and it's considered art.

Count me among the people who wish they were wealthy enough to pull off what GA-1 is doing. Unfortunately, the unicorn sitting at my desk with me says I'm not wealthy enough to pull this off and I should quit talking about him.

The Minotaur seems pretty upset too.

1 comment: