Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bill Hicks was right



Comedian Bill Hicks died in 1994.

While I didn't agree with everything Hicks said while on stage, many of his ideas were thought provoking.

Some say he was a genius. Some say he was ahead of his time. I don't know about either one. I just think he had a tremendous grasp on how things worked in the world he saw.

I have a few friends who are very upset with President Obama right now over the decision to join the United Nations allies in a game of "Who wants to blow things up in Libya."

I wonder why the disappointment? Why the surprise? Bill Hicks had all of this figured out after Bill Clinton was elected. *language warning*

He pretty much hits the nail on the head.

But fear not! I'll be here to offer you words of comfort and a guiding hand in these uncertain times. I can be a beacon in the storm of life. What gives me this confidence? Let me show you.



You feel better about things now. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment